Saturday, 23 June 2012

Illustration Friday - Space



My idea for this weeks theme started with sheep.  An illustration of a sheep enjoying space away from the rest of the flock started to form in my mind.  So, with a few essentials packed, I went to find some sheep to sketch.  The first (and as it turned out to be the last) field of sheep I found, were too close to the road. Too dangerous! I carried on walking.
I sketched a herd of curious cows before sitting down on some rocks looking out across the Moray Firth. Perfect! Sometimes what you need is right in front of you after all.

So here's my sketch of that space!

2 comments:

deeol said...

It's lovely. I always envy people who can get the feel of a landscape like that -- I'm always too busy looking at the small stuff to manage the whole.

josh pincus is crying said...

very cool. great technique.